SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY-OUR COMPANY
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping people secure gainful employment, we have a joint venture with the Gauteng Provincial Association for Persons with Disabilities (GPAPD).
We are now able to offer our clients, who are committed to employment equity, the opportunity to consider equally skilled, qualified and suitable candidates for vacancies that are able to accommodate specific disabilities. Value Added Services
- Practical advice regarding accessibility of workplaces as well as Site Audits with follow up reports and recommendations
- Training staff in sensitization of disability issues, different types of disability, causative/contributory factors (appropriate
language and terminology) and how to respond positively towards people with disabilities
- Training on the rights of people with disabilities
- Assistance with workplace equality and career advancement planning
† Disability InternshipsActively promoting the opportunities and benefits of employing people with disabilities on Internships
and thereby affording them the opportunity of a successful and rewarding career.
This is then also a major benefit to clients in terms of improving B-BBEE score cards and meeting
EE targets as required by the new legislation.
Reacting Positively towards Disability!GPAPD, in partnership with member organization, PADI (People for awareness on Disability Issues) also conducts structured, in-depth sensitization sessions which not only explains the different types of disability, itís causative /contributory factors but
also how to respond to the different types of disability
Why Sensitization - Understanding disability and causative factors to improve communication and interaction with and between people with disabilities
- Creates awareness on the skills, attributes, strengths and capabilities that people with disabilities possess
- Promotes the use of appropriate language and terminology dispels myths which in turn changing negative attitudes
- Understanding hearing impaired and persons with speech difficulties as well as persons of short stature in particular, as well as various other disabilities
- Outlines when and how to offer assistance to persons with disabilities
- Knowing and promoting rights of persons with disabilities and also guidelines on attending positively to clients and customers with disabilities - The promise to jobseekers is always to treat them with dignity and respect, to ensure all information is treated in the strictest of confidence and to ensure their information is only presented to
client companies with their express permission.
- We will only present a candidate if their profile is a match to our clients specific requirements.
- No information or skills will be fabricated and a job seeker can feel 100% confident when they attend an interview that they have the skill for the vacancy.
- Comprehensive coaching on interview techniques is offered to all candidates free of charge.
As Partners with GPAPD we commit to:
- Providing a professional service to job seekers and clients
- Guaranteed confidentiality - Promotion of employment equity
- Remaining at the forefront of developments in the labour market
- Quality candidates to quality clients The aim: - Empowering entry level job seekers by training and sourcing job shadow
opportunities & learnerships.
- Promote and support Employment Equity in the workplace
- Promote and support Employment Equity for Persons with Disabilities
- Ensuring an accessible work environment for candidates using - Universal Design and Access principles Recruitment: Target Selection [management, executive level]
Job Profiling: Marketing of Candidates with disabilities to Industry
Compilation of Resume: Assisting candidates with drawing up a professional Curriculum Vitae
Personality Profiles: A guide to writing and presenting a professional profile
Remuneration Negotiation: Contracts and Facilitation
Employment procedure: Sensitisation of collegues and management